Who’ll support new work?
We’d like it to be you! Amber has been producing and supporting documentary photography for 50 years. SIDE Gallery has been commissioning work since Amber opened it in 1977. Held in the AmberSide Collection these exhibitions chart extraordinary changes in the lives and landscapes of North East communities with an unparalleled quality and coherence.
Change doesn’t stop, but it’s become much harder to raise the money to document it with genuine independence and a commitment to ethical practice. This is why we’re asking you to become a New Works Patron, directly enabling new commissions with a monthly donation.
And we’d like to say thank you – see the list of benefits below!
For more information you can e-mail us at email@example.com.
- Side Gallery Tote Bag
- Thank you on our website
- Regular updates on the new work you’re supporting
- ‘For Ever Amber’– a book about the Collection
- Commemorative Poster of ‘Step by Step’ by Sirkka-Liisa Konttinen
- 10% off Side shop or Cinema events plus the Supporter Bundle
- Postcard sets delivered to you (x3 sets per year)
- One exclusive print from the Collection (digital reproduction print)
- Benefits of the Friend Bundle
- A series of exclusive prints from the Collection(digital reproduction print)
- Bespoke private viewing of rarely seen collections from the archive at Side Gallery
- Postcard set and the Friend Bundle
- After-hours guided tour of Side Gallery with an Amber Collective member
- Photography masterclass with an Amber photographer
- Benefits of the Advocate Bundle
If you are under 25, unwaged or a student and want to support our work, for an annual gift of £20 you will receive 10% off Side shop, a Side tote bag and regular updates about our work. Sign up to be an Amber Enthusiast
All Patrons will benefit from special events celebrating the commissions and opportunities to meet with the commission fund beneficiaries and talk about their work.
We want to hear from you so please do email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to discuss any of the Patron benefits