We hope you have enjoyed the exhibition ‘Youth Rising in the UK: 1981-2021’. We are interested to see your interpretation of the themes raised in the exhibition and we’re asking people to post their original photographs on Instagram and use #YRU? as well as tagging us @amber_sidegallery on Instagram. We’ll share responses to the current exhibition on our Stories throughout the duration of the exhibition.
Below we have listed some guidelines for anyone who wants some additional information;
- Using Instagram as a platform, we are asking people who have seen the current Side Gallery exhibition ‘Youth Rising in the UK: 1981-2021’ or are inspired by the subject matter, to tag us in their original photographs that they feel represent the themes of youth rising in the UK.
- The image should be your own original work
- The image should reflect your interpretation of ‘Youth Rising in the UK’
- This is not a commission by AmberSide/Side Gallery
- We are interested in documentary photography and do not accept composite images, objects added digitally that were not in the original shot or enhancement beyond small adjustments such as minor cleaning
- Submission to the project grants AmberSide permission to share the image publicly via website, social media and other digital means and for the use in marketing; photographers will be credited
- Any photographs featuring adults/children on private property must have given their permission, or given their parental permission for the image to be taken- AmberSide is not responsible or liable for this
- AmberSide reserves the right to end or alter the project as it deems necessary
The exhibition opened on 17th July and runs until October 3rd 2021. Tickets are free, but we advise you pre-book here, although walk-ins are welcome too. If you aren’t already following us on Instagram, you can access the account here.