A photographic documentation of a South West Durham clothing factory taken before its closure in 1991.
In the late 1970s, Grassick had started documenting a number of factories on a small industrial estate in Crook in Co Durham for Beamish Museum. By 1990 Ramar was the only one left. Opened in 1949 by Labour minister Hugh Dalton, the factory epitomised the hopes of West Durham for a future without coal. The photographs were taken during the final few weeks of work at Ramar and at the farewell party organised by the last of the staff to finish at the site.
All images © Richard Grassick